Yonder Mind is the software system behind Yonder’s Documentation-as-a-Service (DaaS) solution. The Yonder Mind system landscape consists of three components:
- Backend: Yonder creates and maintains modules using various XML authoring tools available on the market. As a standard, Yonder uses Ovidius XR. Connectors to 3rd party XML authoring systems are available.
- Middleware: The workflow-based approval tool is used for the customer to approve changes and revisions internally, and to hand over approved changes and revisions to Yonder for publication. Furthermore, the middleware governs the publication of the updates and the generation of the prioritized revision task lists.
- Frontend: The Yonder Mind web client and offline app are available for the users to view dynamically filtered content and work through prioritized revision task lists. Connector to 3rd party frontend systems capable of displaying XML content are available.
The Yonder Mind system landscape is flexible and can be integrated into existing IT landscapes. Depending on the specific needs, the entire system landscape can be deployed, or only parts of the system landscape can be used to complement existing frontend and backend systems.
- Shorter Documents: Dynamic content filtering allows users to navigate the flood of existing information. Instead of seeing the full length of the content, users can filter the content to see only what is relevant for their roles. Content length can be further reduced by dynamically filtering for specific topics.
- Manageable Revision: Revision task lists help users to find out which recent changes are relevant to their roles. Instead of reading through entire documents or endless highlights of revision lists, users receive a task list of the relevant changes they need to study before their next training session, before the end of the month or any other deadline. Flash Cards allow users to learn and refresh content in Yonder Mind. Since Flash Cards work directly on the content, answers are always up to date.
- Collaboration: A workflow-based approval tool allows to collaborate without being physically in the same location. Instead of holding lengthy revision approval meetings with all experts and decision makers in one room at one time, changes are approved electronically by the responsible person. Decision makers can comment, approve and reject changes asynchronously, from anywhere in the world. The workflow-based approval tool is configured to customer specific needs and can including regulatory authorities and external stakeholders. It also provides a full audit trail at all times.
Different customer needs are covered by different Yonder Mind editions: